I was tickled wit my new blog. In an effort to keep up your confidence in me finding neat stuff and upholding my reputation, here is some more to add to our blog.
I found an article that discusses alternative or added uses for certain materials. I will not give you all of them. but I have gone through the list and I am reporting what I think are the best of these ideas, and they are as follows:
- DRYER SHEETS - Use as wipes for kitchen and bath since some of the chemicals in them are the same as used in various kitchen and bath cleaners - use them instead of mothballs in closets or in boxes of clothes - use them between books on shelves to keep them from becoming musty.
- WEEDS - Use vinegar or boiling hot water instead of pricey liquid weed killers to kill weeds. Pickle juice can also be used for weed control.
- PEELS - Use lemon, lime, and orange rinds to shine copper and brass.
- FOIL - wad up tin foil into a ball for cleaning the outdoor grill and stuck on food from pots and pans.
- MESH BAGS - Plastic mesh bags (the kind that oranges and onions come in) make good pot scrubbers.
- DRYER LINT - Use the dryer lint as a fireplace starter.
- SODA CAN TAB - Use them as a picture-hanging hook.
- PLASTIC NEWSPAPER SLEEVES - Use them as disposable work gloves or dog poop bags.
For more ideas, you can go to www.realsimple.com, www.thedollarstretcher.com, and www.frugalliving.about.com.